Toll Free: 1-800-596-0724

Kenosha Campus

Wednesday, Apr 16, 2014

Jessica Olle

I was a full-time online student earning my Bachelor’s Degree. I was pleased with the work that I was doing and the performance of the work that I was turning in. The online courses were formed to my lifestyle and made school easy to attend. 

There was a point in my studies that I needed additional assistance, and I had to make an appointment to visit the Academic Success Center. While receiving the additional help, I also inquired about my schedule. This question led me to my academic advisor. When I was introduced to my advisor, she asked if I was willing to take one of my upcoming classes on campus that she was teaching. I accepted her offer.

Being on ground gave me a great insight on all of the additional benefits that the campus had to offer. I learned of Phi Beta Lambda (the collegiate level of Future Business Leaders of America) from my advisor. I was intrigued with what the Business group had to offer me, and what I could give back to PBL in return. 

My first meeting was amazing! I signed up to be a member on my first day. I attended every meeting that was held and volunteered as much time as I could. My efforts and support in the Business club paid off. I was offered an officer position just a few months in. I accepted this as an opportunity to help myself grow along with the others that I helped lead. I had a way to give back to my fellow students. 

I have grown dramatically in my leadership skills. I took steps to prepare for state competitions and am currently preparing for National Competitions. Phi Beta Lambda has helped me strengthen my leadership goals by allowing me to be a leader, make mistakes, and grow in my confidence and abilities.

• Madison Campus Announces Nursing Scholarship Winners MORE
  • Unique, Newly-Renovated I.T. Degree Program at Herzing University Delivers Graduates Who Are a Custom Fit for Local Employers MORE
  • New VET2LPN and VET2RN Program at the Madison Campus! MORE
  • "Herz Fest" to feature free food, live music, and more! MORE
  • Electronics Engineering Technology Degree -- Now Available! MORE