Toll Free: 1-800-596-0724

Akron Campus

Thursday, Apr 18, 2013

Larry Whetsell

I’m a student here at Akron Institute and I’m in the nursing program. I spent the year 2005 in Baghdad, Iraq as a combat medic. I chose to go to Akron Institute because as an older student who just got out of the military I didn’t have much of a future. Most places around here wouldn’t take my military experience, and I needed some place to get a job as fast as I could. So I came to Akron Institute.

The biggest thing I like about my education experience here has to be the hands on experience I get. At most schools you don’t get the one-on-one interaction that you get here, and it helps you get more clinical experience with patients.

At Akron Institute, the teachers are dedicated. They want to be here, they want you to learn, which is a little different from the bigger institutions where you’re just a number. Here they want to see you succeed, they want to see you in a career, they want to see you become a colleague of theirs. They don’t really care about anything else.

Larry Whetsell
Nursing Student

• New VET2LPN and VET2RN Program at the Madison Campus! MORE
  • "Herz Fest" to feature free food, live music, and more! MORE
  • Electronics Engineering Technology Degree -- Now Available! MORE
  • Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) Accredidation Information MORE
  • Ready to make a serious impact in the health of your community members? MORE