Toll Free: 1-800-596-0724

Madison Campus

Tuesday, Apr 16, 2013

Randa Jane Wilberg

I graduated from Madison Area Technical College with an associate degree in 1990. I have worked as a medical secretary in the medical field for almost 20 years. I could only go so far with the education I had, and I have always wanted to go back to school. Prior to attending Herzing University, I was working two jobs. Then I got divorced. The first thing I did was search for colleges.

There were several reasons I chose Herzing University. Herzing was the only college offering a medical administration degree. Herzing was also the most comparable to the University of Wisconsin when it came to education costs. I liked the fact that I could take ground courses at the campus in Madison, close to home and work.

I have been very pleased with my whole experience at Herzing. The courses were as difficult as I expected. I knew I would have to work hard to get good grades. I liked the fact that they scheduled all of my classes to fit my degree. I only had to shift one class in three years of schooling. Herzing made it so easy. I didn’t have to worry about fighting other students to get the classes I needed in order to finish my bachelor’s degree in three years. It was just done for me.

The flexibility allowed me to take classes online because I work full-time during the day. Most of my professors truly cared about my education. They always responded to emails and were interactive in the discussion boards. I would say 80 percent of the teachers were like this. It was a very good experience.

I am happy that Herzing University had the insight to offer a bachelor’s degree program for healthcare administration. Most other colleges only offered business. Herzing provided the classes and education so that I can better myself in the job I have, or pursue a better job. Having this type of degree will only enhance my skills in this field.

I am still in the job I’ve had for four years. I plan on searching for a position in a pediatric or surgery clinic as a manager. I may decide to go back to Herzing for a master’s degree. Time will tell.

Randa Jane Wilberg

• Madison Campus Announces Nursing Scholarship Winners MORE
  • Unique, Newly-Renovated I.T. Degree Program at Herzing University Delivers Graduates Who Are a Custom Fit for Local Employers MORE
  • New VET2LPN and VET2RN Program at the Madison Campus! MORE
  • "Herz Fest" to feature free food, live music, and more! MORE
  • Electronics Engineering Technology Degree -- Now Available! MORE