Toll Free: 1-800-596-0724

Madison Campus

Tuesday, Apr 16, 2013

Cory Delfosse

I am a graduate of the Drafting and Design program at Herzing University. Prior to attending Herzing, I spent two years at Milwaukee Area Technical College and graduated with an associate degree in Electrical Engineering Technology. After graduating I had a slight change of heart about pursuing a career in this field.

Growing up I always had an interest in my dad’s line of work. He was a part-time architect for two home construction contractors. Inspired by my dad, throughout high school I took drafting classes as electives. I began researching different universities and degrees. I was intrigued by the drafting and design program at Herzing University. What made it stand out was the diverse curriculum offering various software including both architecture and mechanical drafting. I wanted the chance to explore architecture with the opportunity to have mechanical drafting combined with my electrical engineering background. I thoroughly enjoyed my education at Herzing University.

I received excellent in-depth instruction on various software and learned architectural and mechanical concepts. The general courses, including the speech and career development class, were very helpful and imperative toward my growth as a person and professional. With the help from the career development team including extensive guidance from the director, Jeff Westra, I was fortunate enough to land my most ideal job as an architect drafter with an expanding contracting firm in Baraboo, Wisconsin. Jeff really went above and beyond my expectations to help and assist me throughout the entire process and was incredibly encouraging the whole way. I am most satisfied with my decision to attend Herzing University and grateful for the opportunity and my achievements.

Cory Delfosse

• "Herz Fest" to feature free food, live music, and more! MORE
  • Electronics Engineering Technology Degree -- Now Available! MORE
  • Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) Accredidation Information MORE
  • Ready to make a serious impact in the health of your community members? MORE
  • Cisco certifications included in IT degrees! MORE