Toll Free: 1-800-596-0724

Monday, Apr 15, 2013

Nicole Hoy

Nicole Hoy wasn’t always a tech junkie. While pursuing a bachelor’s degree in English, she found some computer networking books at a friend’s house and was immediately hooked.

Nicole completed her BS in technology management in 2011 from Herzing’s Madison campus and is now earning her MBA in technology management online. Nicole admits the work can be challenging, but she remains passionate about technology.

“The subject matter is tough, but that’s what I like about it. I have to think outside of the box in ways that I’ve never done before,” Nicole says. “But if I have a problem with anything, my instructors are always available to help me and point me in the right direction.”

For Nicole, one of the greatest benefits of attending Herzing University is being able to work and go to school at the same time.

“The online MBA program definitely makes my life easier. I can go online and take classes when it’s convenient for me,” says Nicole. “I also appreciate the practical experience of applying what I learn in class to my job at INOC,” a network monitoring company in Madison.

Nicole also credits Herzing’s MBA program for giving her the confidence and know-how to launch her own business. She is the CEO of a small publishing firm, NikAndy Publications, which she started over two years ago.

“I am very grateful for my education at Herzing. I can apply what I learned in class directly to my job in technology management and my responsibilities as a business owner,” says Nicole. “Herzing helped launch my career and got me where I am today.”  

• "Herz Fest" to feature free food, live music, and more! MORE
  • Electronics Engineering Technology Degree -- Now Available! MORE
  • Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) Accredidation Information MORE
  • Ready to make a serious impact in the health of your community members? MORE
  • Cisco certifications included in IT degrees! MORE