|Date:||Call your campus for upcoming dates|
|Course Number:||CE 0047|
|Course Name:||Radiology Technique Refresher|
|Course Type:||Lecture, discussion and lab|
This course will provide students with a radiology technique refresher, reviewing both film placement and exposure techniques in the lab setting and in the didactic setting. Students will be provided with a review on film placement criteria, bisecting and paralleling techniques, film evaluation (basic angulation and error notation), and soft-tissue placement techniques for direct and digital radiography. Students will practice placing films on dexters and also on each other, along with positioning the tubehead and cone, to demonstrate knowledge on bisecting and paralleling techniques.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Have an understanding of the bisecting and paralleling techniques and how to utilize these techniques when placing films and positioning the tubehead on patients.
- Demonstrate an understanding of common film placement errors and the results that will be seen on the corresponding radiographs.
- Demonstrate an understanding of common technique errors and how to fix those errors.
- Demonstrate knowledge of required structures for each film in a full-mouth set.
- Demonstrate knowledge in evaluation of films after exposure.
Required Texts or other supplemental materials:
Lecture and lab materials will be provided for students.
Pass/fail. The student will receive a certificate upon completion of coursework.
8:00 a.m. Welcome and Introduction
8:15 a.m. Lecture on Radiographic Technique
¡ Criteria—Film Placement
¡ Techniques—Bisecting and Paralleling
¡ Evaluation—Basic Angulation and Error Notation
11:00 a.m. Expose Radiographs on Dexter
12:30 p.m. Expose Radiographs on Dexter
1:00 p.m. Process, Mount, and Evaluate Radiographs
2:00 p.m. Opportunity to Retake Radiographs or Expose Additional Films
3:00 p.m. Placement of Film and PID on Each Other
4:15 p.m. Course Wrap-Up and Evaluation
4:30 p.m. Adjourn