Our Graduate Success Stories
My friends, fellow classmates and the Herzing staff were instrumental in my success. The ATI Test Preparation and other great study tools provided, along with the encouragement from my instructors to do my best were the ingredients necessary for me to graduate. In the end my sincere thanks goes to those who supported me through this journey. If a mom of five can go back to school and succeed, anyone can do it.
Physical Therapist Assistant Program Info Chart
|Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant||73||20|
For Herzing University – Atlanta nursing program accreditation information, please view the Accreditation page.
Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant
In Herzing’s well-recognized associate degree program, students gain a foundation in natural sciences, social sciences, mathematics, and humanities as well as specific career knowledge, skills, and capabilities. They also participate in planned clinical and laboratory experiences that provide a hands-on approach to classroom learning. Graduates are prepared to take the National Licensing Examination for Physical Therapist Assistants (PTAs). Download Program Course Sheet
Physical Therapist Assistant Program Objectives
Upon completion of their program, the student should be able to:
- Perform as an entry-level physical therapist assistant who demonstrates technical competence, makes sound clinical decisions, and provides safe and effective physical therapy.
- Take and pass their licensing exams.
- Demonstrate the ability to follow a plan of care developed by a physical therapist while assessing a patient’s response to the treatment and contributing to the clinical decision-making process.
- Be competent in the technical skills, per the PTA student skills check-offs.
- Establish relationships with different patients and team members utilizing effective communications as well as awareness of culturally or socioeconomically diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrate a commitment to professional growth by participating in activities that encourage lifelong learning.
- Use textbooks and scientific resources such as books, online databases, and journals to expand understanding of physical therapy practice and interventions.
- Think critically, both conceptually and by using mathematical analysis, write and speak effectively, use basic computer applications, and understand human behavior in the context of the greater society.
The information below reflects aggregated data from all of the Herzing University campuses that have students enrolled in the specified program in the specified time period. The information does not reflect data regarding individual campuses unless only one campus had students to report. The reporting period used to obtain this data was 7/1/2012-6/30/2013. If there were less than 10 graduates in a program, median loan debt and on-time completion data were not disclosed for that program to protect the privacy of those students. Tuition and length may vary by campus location. Ranges could not be input for tuition and length, therefore tuition and length reported are the highest tuition rates and longest program length to encompass all campuses. For information regarding specific campus tuition please refer to http://www.herzing.edu/tuition-financial-aid . For a more detailed description of how the data was calculated please refer to the Disclosure Methodology located here http://www.herzing.edu/files/2014Disclosures-Methodology.pdf .
ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE IN PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT
This program does not have any certifications or licensures associated with it.