Surrounded by the Yellow Sea, Dalian is a modern port city in northeast China. You can walk among the picturesque Chinese, Russian, and Japanese-influenced architecture. Stroll the vast wooded areas, and relax at the water’s edge at one of many beaches.
Attend the Dalian Institute of Science and Technology in Dalian, China! Earn up to nine credits while learning Chinese from native speakers and teaching conversational English for up to 15 hours per week. The following three-credit courses are offered:
- FL 105 Beginning Chinese
- FL 155 Intermediate Chinese
- EN 330 English/Chinese Language Cultural Exchange
|Schedule for Fall 2013|
|Depart United States||08/31/2013|
|Return to United States||12/20/2013|
(Local transportation, food, and housing provided.) Costs below are estimates and subject to change.
- Tuition cost based on the number of semester credit hours and the current tuition rate
- Round-trip airfare starts at $1,300 per person
- Visa application is $170 plus a $40 handling fee
- Internet connection fee $10 per month at hotel
- Medical insurance: $37.50 for three months; $75 for six months
- Limited to 10 students per semester
- Grade B or above in at least two college-level English or communications courses at Herzing University or accredited institution
- One recommendation by English professor/instructor
- Applications accepted through academic dean
- U.S. passport (valid for at least six months upon arrival in China) – to obtain a passport visit http://www.travel.state.gov. Passport processing can take up to eight weeks. Please plan accordingly.
- Visitor’s Visa (L) from Chinese Consulate – for information visit: http://www.travelchinaguide.com/embassy/visa.htm.
- Each one-way trip takes 12-14 hours from the U.S. to Beijing including possible stopovers
- From Beijing to Dalian takes 1½ hours and costs $80-$100
- Baggage restrictions will be discussed in advance of departure time
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Xin Tao Liu
Herzing University - Atlanta
Office: (404) 814-1158 or (404) 816-4533
Cell phone: (678) 423-7121